A bit more about The Gathering
The Gathering was started in 2010 with the desire to provide a space for people who are disconnected from church and have an interest in exploring who Jesus is and what it might mean to follow Him. We have never owned a building as we believe that a Church isn’t so much about a place or a building, but about people. With our commitment to being present in the Broadway/Nutana neighbourhood, we meet in spaces throughout the neighbourhood. Over the years we have gathered at Oskayak School, the Cosmo and Victoria School. To find out where we are gathering next check out our Facebook Page.
Our intention is to be an inter-generational worshipping community that people of all ages, status, and backgrounds can call home. We are learning how to do that together. We aspire to be authentic about who we are so that we can grow into a genuine faith. Being real is more important than being perfect.
Our Sunday gatherings are informal: We follow a simple liturgy but our intention is to be open to how God is leading us and what He wants to teach us. As we learn to follow Jesus, we are called to turn:
▪ from ignorance of God to a personal relationship with God
▪ from bondage of sin and past mistakes to freedom, forgiveness, and healing
▪ from individualism to interdependence with others in the local church
▪ from lifestyle choices that harm us, others, and the earth to choices that nurture wholeness, healing, joy, and peace
▪ from hating enemies and ignoring neighbours to showing love and justice to all
▪ from loving possessions to sharing with all in need
▪ from aimless existence to a mission of representing and proclaiming God’s kingdom on earth
The Gathering is an expression of the Mennonite Brethren Church of Canada, and is one of three unique congregations of Forest Grove Community Church in Saskatoon.